October 02, 2023 by Anna-Bet Stemmet
If you’re on the lookout for the best lemonade cocktails to serve up this season, we’ve got excellent news: The Mixer team has been hard at work finding the finest lemony libations around. Now all you need to do is choose your favourite, dress it up to suit your style, and get ready to be the host with the most.
How to make a basic home-made lemonade
First things first – the best lemonade cocktails are always made with home-made lemonade. Happily, it’s also super easy to make. Here is our basic recipe:
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 4-6 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (adjust according to your sweetness preference)
- 5 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of water with the granulated sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from the heat and let it cool. This is your sugar syrup.
- Squeeze the lemons to get 1 cup of fresh lemon juice. You can use a citrus juicer if you have one or just squeeze them by hand.
- Once you’re done, combine the lemon juice and sugar syrup in a large pitcher. Stir well to mix.
- Finally, pour 5 cups of cold water into the pitcher. Adjust the water amount based on your taste preference.
Once you have this basic recipe down, infusing your lemonade with other fruits, herbs, and aromatics is very easy. You simply add it to your pitcher of lemonade and allow it a few hours to infuse. If you prefer your lemonade without ‘bits’, it’s as simple as straining out the infused elements and serving it over fresh ice.
1. Basil Lemonade Cocktail
Flavoured vodka lemonades do not have to be overly sweet. Infusing homemade lemonade with basil is a delicious way to add a refreshing and aromatic twist to this classic drink. You can use about 1 cup of basil leaves for a standard-sized pitcher of lemonade. Wash and dry the leaves, and gently crush the basil leaves using a muddler or the back of a spoon to release its essential oils and flavour.
Place the muddled basil leaves directly into the pitcher of finished lemonade. Stir the lemonade thoroughly to combine the basil flavour. You can use a long spoon or stir stick to make sure the basil is evenly distributed. Allow the lemonade to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to an hour. This helps the basil flavours meld with the lemonade.
If you prefer a smoother lemonade without bits of basil leaves, you can strain the mixture before serving. Use a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove the basil leaves. This method allows you to add basil to your lemonade without the need for additional sweeteners. Adjust the quantity of basil based on your preference for a subtle or more pronounced basil flavour.
TOP TIP: We love pairing Basil Lemonade with 60ml of SKYY Infusions Blood Orange Vodka and a splash of soda water to make a refreshing summer cocktail.
You might also like: The Definitive List of 2-Ingredient Vodka Cocktails
2. Fresh Raspberry Vodka Lemonade
Arguably the best lemonade cocktail recipe for berry lovers, Fresh Raspberry Vodka Lemonade is super simple to assemble. Simply add 60ml of SKYY Infusions Raspberry Vodka to fresh lemonade! Add some fresh raspberries as a garnish, and it’s ready to serve.
Read next: 18 Raspberry Cocktails to try in 2024
3. Blue Lagoon
Most home mixologists agree that vodka is the best alcohol to add to lemonade, but we like to get creative with it whenever we can. For instance, next time you make a Blue Lagoon cocktail, try using SKYY Infusions Pacific Blueberry Vodka to put an extra summery spin on it.
TOP TIP: Sweet citrusy cocktails with a fizz are the ideal serve alongside spicy foods, so pair with a chili-laden taco, jalapeño poppers, or anything that has a decent bite.
4. Vodka Pink Lemonade Slushies
The best way to spike lemonade when the weather is sweltering is to get frosty with it. To make Vodka Pink Lemonade Slushies, blend 4 cups of ice with 1 cup of SKYY Infusions Cherry Vodka, 2 cups of fresh lemonade, and 2 tablespoons of sugar syrup until smooth. Adjust the sweetness by adding additional sugar syrup if desired. Pour the slushy mixture into glasses, garnish with lemon slices or cherries, and serve immediately for a refreshing and mildly potent cocktail experience.
Stay rosy: 16 Best Pink Cocktails to Try This Year
5. Jack Frost Winter Cocktail
The Jack Frost cocktail is one of those drink that looks hard to pull off but couldn’t be simpler to do. All you need is vodka, pineapple juice or fresh lemonade, blue curaçao, coconut cream, ice, and a decent blender. The best flavoured vodka to mix with lemonade drinks like these? We double-dare you to get a little experimental and try SKYY Infusions Honeycrisp Apple Vodka.
6. Layered Lemonade Drops
Layered Lemonade Drops require a little patience to make, but the pay-off is always huge in the end. Here’s the recipe:
- Add 2 cups of frozen mango, 60ml vodka, 1 cup of lemonade, and 1 cup of ice to a blender. Blend until smooth, transfer the mixture to a separate container, and freeze for 30 minutes. Rinse the blender.
- Add 2 cups of chopped strawberries, 60ml vodka, 1 cup of lemonade, and 1 cup of ice to a blender. Blend until smooth, transfer the mixture to a separate container, and freeze for 30 minutes. Rinse the blender.
- Add 60ml vodka, 1 cup of lemonade, and 1 cup of ice to a blender. Blend until smooth, transfer the mixture to a separate container, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Layer the mixture into serving glasses, starting with the mango mix, then adding the strawberry lemonade mix, and ending with the lemonade mix. Garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.
TOP TIP: We like using SKYY Infusions Citrus Vodka in this recipe to add a cohesive taste profile across the board.
7. Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
To make a Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail, add 60ml of SKYY Infusions Wild Strawberry Vodka to 180-240ml of fresh lemonade over ice, and garnish with fresh strawberries. If you’re feeling fancy, you could also add a dash of homemade strawberry syrup to the mix for extra sweetness.
Drink pink: Juicy and Delicious Strawberry Vodka Cocktails
8. Watermelon Lemonade Cocktail
To make a Watermelon Lemonade Cocktail, add 60ml of SKYY Infusions Watermelon Vodka to 180 – 240ml of fresh lemonade over ice, and garnish with a wedge of fresh watermelon on the rim for some tropical energy.
9. Pineapple Lemonade Cocktail
To make a Pineapple Lemonade Cocktail, add 60ml of SKYY Infusions Pineapple Vodka to 180-240ml of fresh lemonade over ice, and garnish with a fresh pineapple to give it that seaside holiday feel.
More Tiki goodness: 15 Totally Tropical Pineapple Juice Cocktails
There you have it—our selection of the best lemonade cocktails to try this summer. For more tasty inspiration like this, sign up for our newsletter. The Mixer UK is always sharing amazing hosting tips, and you don’t want to miss out!