Sip our Blue Lagoon cocktail and be transported to the azure waters of the Caribbean. It’s rumoured to be an invention from the famed Harry’s Bar in Paris in the 70s, long before that eponymous 80s movie. Ready to sail away? Let’s go:
Too sweet? Tone down the sweetness with a squeeze of lime
Go tropical and pour this recipe with Skyy Pineapple Infused Vodka
Match this sweet sip with spicy food to put out fires on the palate
Pour the vodka into a cocktail shaker with a good handful of ice.
Add the blue curacao and top up with lemonade.
Shake until icy cold and strain into a hurricane glass.
Garnish with a slice of lemon and a maraschino cherry
What does a Blue Lagoon cocktail taste like?
This Blue Lagoon cocktail recipe has all the sweetness you’d expect from a tiki-style drink with a refreshing fizz and the deliciously zesty flavour. What’s in a Blue Lagoon cocktail? It’s built with multiple layers of citrus with triple sec, lemonade and zesty vodka. The Skyy vodka gives our cocktail a fresh zing base and the Blue Curaçao liqueur adds the bright and crazy hues along with its deep citrus and sweet flavour, enhanced with the bubbly lemonade. If you love tang of orange liqueurs or the combo of the sweet and zesty flavours, then our classy Cosmopolitan is another must try.
Variations of the Blue Lagoon pitcher recipe
Put a spin on our Blue Lagoon cocktail recipe with a few twists and use our nifty calculator to bulk up the recipe and make a jug or two. Have fun with the below:
- Whether it’s Halloween party or a 90s vibes you’re after, our Blue Lagoon cocktail ingredients are easy to come by and easy cocktail to serve up for a crowd!
- Sweet citrusy cocktails with a fizz are the ideal serve alongside spicy foods, so pair it with a chilli-laden taco, jalapeño poppers or anything that has a decent bite.
- Swap out plain Skyy Vodka with one of their fun infusions. For a more citrusy sip, try the grapefruit. Want a tropical vibe? Try the pineapple.
- Need to tone down the sweetness? A good squeeze of fresh lime adds a zesty tang or pour it with half lemonade, half soda water.
- If you’re more of a gin fan, the botanicals of Bickens Gin would make a delicious twist.
What else can you mix Blue Curaçao liqueur with?
Wondering what other delights to try if you have a bottle of the blue stuff? Although we know you’ll love this Blue Lagoon cocktail recipe, continue the azure theme and try our Blue Marg or the Blue Martini.