February 08, 2024 by Anna-Bet Stemmet
Ready to shake things up at your next BBQ or backyard bash? Then you’ve got to try some pineapple tequila cocktails! Whether you’re a seasoned home mixologist or a newbie on the lookout for a signature sip, these fruity delights are beginner-friendly and bound to hit the spot. Get ready for some refreshing and super satisfying tropical twists!
How to make pineapple juice at home
Making fresh pineapple juice at home is a simple and refreshing process. Here’s a basic recipe for homemade pineapple juice:
- 1 ripe pineapple
- Water (optional, depending on your preferred consistency)
- Sweetener, e.g. honey, agave syrup, or sugar (optional, depending on your taste)
- Select and prepare the pineapple. Choose a ripe pineapple with a sweet aroma. You can check for ripeness by gently pressing the base of the fruit – it should give slightly.
- Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Stand the pineapple upright and cut away the skin, removing the thorny bits. Slice the pineapple into chunks, discarding the core.
- Blend. Place the pineapple chunks in a blender. Blend until you get a smooth consistency. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a little water to help with the blending.
- Strain (optional). If you prefer a smoother juice, strain the blended mixture using a fine mesh strainer, cheesecloth, or a nut milk bag. Press the pulp with a spoon or spatula to extract as much juice as possible.
- Adjust consistency and sweetness (optional). If the juice is too thick, you can add more water and blend again until you achieve your desired consistency. Taste the juice and add sweetener if needed. Depending on the sweetness of the pineapple, you might not need any additional sweeteners. Options include honey, agave syrup, or sugar. You can also enhance the flavour by adding a splash of lime or lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy. Pour the fresh pineapple juice into glasses over ice or use it in your favorite tequila pineapple cocktail.
Remember that fresh pineapple juice is best enjoyed immediately, but you can store it in the refrigerator for a day or two. Shake or stir well before serving if any separation occurs.
1. Pineapple Paloma
We adore a peppy Paloma, and this tequila pineapple cocktail version is a complete treat as well. To make one, combine 60ml tequila, 120ml fresh pineapple juice, and 30ml lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until frosty, strain into a serving glass over fresh ice, pop a wedge of pineapple on the rim as a garnish, and Bob’s your uncle.
2. Pineapple Margarita
The best pineapple juice tequila cocktails tend to have some serious tropical swagger, and the Pineapple Margarita certainly ticks this box. To make one, add 45ml Espolòn Tequila Blanco, 60ml fresh pineapple juice, 20ml Grand Marnier, and 20ml lime juice to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until well combined, strain into a salt-rimmed Margarita glass, top it with ice, and serve.
3. Mr. Prado
If the idea of a tequila and pineapple juice cocktail with a bit of herbaceous action sounds up your alley, you’ve got to whip up a Mr. Prado, darling. To make one, you’ll have to make a batch of sage-infused sugar syrup. Don’t worry, it’s easy—just use our Ultimate Guide to Sugar Syrups. Once your syrup has cooled, combine 60ml Blanco tequila, 60ml fresh pineapple juice, 20ml fresh lime juice, and 20ml sage syrup in a shaker with ice. Shake until chilled, strain into a rocks glass over ice, garnish with fresh sage, and serve.
More where this came from! 15 Totally Tropical Pineapple Juice Cocktails
4. Pineapple Ranch Water
Cocktails with pineapple juice and tequila do not come simpler than this tropical take on the Texan classic. To pour one, combine 60ml tequila, 60ml pineapple juice, and 20ml fresh lime juice in a big glass over lots of ice. Top off with 120ml of sparkling water and enjoy! This zesty cocktail is a treat when paired with some BBQ chicken wings.
5. Pineapple Princess
Take your tequila pineapple juice cocktail to a whole new level with the addition of a bitter apéritif to strike a captivating balance. To make a Pineapple Princess cocktail, combine 20ml Aperol, 30ml tequila, 20ml Grand Marnier, 60ml fresh pineapple juice, and 15ml lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until frosty, strain into a serving glass over fresh ice, garnish with a lime wheel, and serve.
6. Spicy Pineapple Tequila Spritz
Tequila cocktails with pineapple juice are sunny to the core, and the Spicy Pineapple Tequila Spritz might just be the most joyful of them all. Start by making a jalapeño simple syrup using this recipe, and one sliced jalapeño with its seeds removed.
Once the syrup is cooled, combine 30ml jalapeño simple syrup with 90ml fresh pineapple juice, and 60ml Blanco tequila in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until chilled, strain into a serving glass over ice, and top off with sparkling water and a squeeze of fresh lime. You can also rim the glass with a lime wedge and tajin seasoning if you’re feeling fancy.
7. Tequila Pineapple Rum Punch
If you’re looking for tasty tequila and pineapple cocktails to serve a crowd, you cannot go wrong with this Tequila Pineapple Rum Punch. To make a batch for around 6 guests, combine 360ml Blanco tequila, 180ml coconut rum, 450ml fresh pineapple juice, 60ml lime juice, and a bottle of sparkling water in a pitcher over ice. Give it a gentle stir and add some lemon slices for extra zest. We suggest sugar-rimmed glasses for a nice touch of sweetness.
8. Pineapple Tequila Sunrise
If you’re looking for a colourful, festive clinker of a drink, this pineapple orange juice tequila cocktail should be at the top of your list. To make a Pineapple Tequila Sunrise, build 60ml Blanco tequila, 60ml fresh pineapple juice, and 120ml orange juice in a Collins glass over ice. Add a dash of grenadine, garnish with a cheeky slice of orange and cherry, and enjoy!
9. Rosemary Pineapple Tequila Cocktail
For a fragrant take on a classic spritz, we highly recommend a Rosemary Pineapple Tequila Cocktail. To make one, muddle 3-4 fresh pineapple chunks in the bottom of a mixing glass with the leaves of one sprig of fresh rosemary, and 60ml of lime juice. Fine-strain the mixture into a cocktail shaker and use a muddler to push through as much juice as possible.
Add 30ml sugar syrup, and 45ml Espolòn Tequila Anejo, shake well, and strain into a tall serving glass over fresh ice. Top off with your favourite wheat ale, or some sparkling water if you prefer a lower ABV, garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary, and serve.
There you have it – 9 lush pineapple juice and tequila cocktail recipes to try at home. Let us know which one is your favorite! Tag us in your Instagram pictures and remember to sign up for our newsletter to get the juiciest cocktail inspiration straight from the source.