A favorite poolside vacation order, the pretty-in-pink Strawberry Daiquiri has to be the ultimate summer classic. This flirtatious berry cocktail is traditionally made with rum and offers full berry sweetness with its signature zingy lime, making it ideal to enjoy on warm sunny days outdoors with tasty snacks, and obviously, it has bonus Insta-appeal for all your summer selfies.
How to Make a Strawberry Daiquiri beyond Compare
PREP TIME 10 min
Use frozen berries for an extra chilled boozy slushie.
Fresh is best: we recommend using fresh strawberries and limes for the tastiest drink.
No blender? No problem! Instead,crush your chopped berries in a bowl with the end of a rolling pin
Blend the strawberries, along with half of the syrup.
Push the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds.
Rinse the blender jug, tip in the puree along with the rum, lime juice and 3-4 ice cubes.
Blend and taste, adding more sugar syrup or lime juice if needed.
Pour into a cocktail or martini glass and garnish with a sliced strawberry and a slice of lime.
All the Strawberry Daiquiri ingredients you’ll need
This easy Strawberry Daiquiri recipe is a simple but beautiful drink that only calls for four ingredients: rum, strawberry purée, simple syrup, and lime.
If you’re wondering what kind of alcohol is in a strawberry daiquiri, a perfect starting point is a light or white rum. We suggest choosing a top-shelf rum like Jamaican Wray and Nephew to really funk up your daiquiri with tasty molasses notes — it’s a perfect match for the berries.
When bright seasonal berries are in abundance buy up a few strawberry cartons and freeze some whole. If you have a blender, you can whizz up a few cartons with some simple syrup and freeze them in ice trays, bagging up the cubes of strawberry purée in freezer bags for effortless cocktail party prep.
For the simple sugar syrup, if you’re pressed for time, store-bought is fine to use. But if you’ve got extra prep time make your own by simmering equal measures of sugar and water slowly over a gentle heat until dissolved and allow to cool completely.
The pièce de resistance, the ingredient that turns this drink into the best Daiquiri recipe ever, is of course the zesty lime juice, so using fresh limes is non-negotiable.
Easy to follow Strawberry Daiquiri recipe
This classic cocktail is a perfect remedy for a balmy hot day and can also be served extra chilled as a frozen slushie by using frozen berries. Our extra fresh version uses juicy strawberries blended with ice for a cocktail that’s oh-so-moreish but it’s up to you! If you want to add a garnish, add a sliced strawberry and lime for some flair, or go the extra mile by dipping the rim of your glass in syrup and then twisting in granulated sugar, lime zest, or desiccated coconut for an extra tropical first sip.
Tips to make the best Daiquiri
For the ultimate strawberry daiquiri:
- If you like a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri, with a sorbet-like texture, buy your berries in bulk, halve them and freeze them in trays before transferring them to freezer bags for easy blending
- No blender? No problem! Instead, you can muddle or crush your chopped berries in a jar with a little simple syrup, using the end of a rolling pin
- For a smoother silkier drink, push the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds
- Fresh is best when it comes to the juice so we recommend using fresh strawberries and limes for the tastiest drink
- You can adjust the Strawberry Daiquiri ingredients to suit your taste: sweeten with a little more syrup or add an extra squeeze of lime to keep it on the tart side
- No rum? Try our delicious Strawberry Daiquiri with vodka
- Need an alcohol-free mocktail? Swap the rum for apple juice
- For a boozier twist, add a splash of orange liqueur for a tropical vibe
- For a seriously tropical twist, try a Mango Daiquiri
When to serve this easy Strawberry Daiquiri?
You can serve a cheeky Strawberry Daiquiri whenever the occasion calls for a refreshing, juicy drink. If we’re lucky enough to get a long hot summer, then this cocktail is the perfect choice for weekend barbeques and parties in the garden.