Pimp your everyday fizzy apple juice with our delicious Sparkling Apple Cider cocktail recipe. A delightfully zesty sip, that’s easy to love and made in a minute. All you need for this simple pour are four basic ingredients. Start with your favourite sparkling apple cider and pair it with a decent quality vodka (Skyy Vodka is delish), some freshly squeezed lemon juice and orange bitters. Let’s get mixing!
Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the zestiest sip
For a pear twist, try this recipe with your favourite perry
Pair this cocktail perfectly with pre-dinner snack, roast turkey and spicy foods
Add the vodka, lemon and bitters to a cocktail shaker or mason jar with a handful of ice
Shake for 10-20 seconds until its icy cold
Strain into a tumbler, add an apple slice and top with cider
Garnish with thyme
How to make a Sparkling Apple Cider Vodka cocktail
To pour the best fizzy apple juice cocktail, the trick is to get all your ingredients icy cold before adding the cider. Carbonated drinks and ice aren’t the best of friends as ice will kill all the fizz. So, mix your vodka, lemon and bitters together in a shaker with ice. Give it a vigorous shake and strain into your glass. Top up with your sparkle and enjoy!
For extra elevation, wipe the rim of your tumbler with cut lemon and dip it into a mix of cinnamon sugar to add sweet crunchy texture on every sip.
What else goes well with Sparkling Apple Cider?
Cocktails made with sparkling apple cider are also worth trying with alternative spirits, especially if your cupboard is stocked with other things. Don’t miss out on this divine cocktail just because you’re not a vodka fan!
- Bourbon is fantastic addition to a Sparkling Apple Cider Bourbon cocktail. Swap out vodka for a delicious bourbon like Wild Turkey Bourbon. It will add more citrus notes with strong vanilla and soft fruit
- If you’re a lover of gin cocktails, gin makes a delicious addition to this Sparkling Apple Cider cocktail. A fabulous choice would be a Bickens Gin and, if you’re a grapefruit fan, try a tasty pink gin
- An aged rum would give this Sparkling Apple Cider cocktail all the caramel apple pie flavors. Try a silky smooth Signature Appeleton Estate for a delicious autumnal twist
- For a tasty mocktail if prefer a virgin sip, make a Sparkling Apple Cider non-alcoholic cocktail. Just ditch all the spirits and use a fizzy apple juice instead
- Food wise, pair this Sparkling Apple Cider cocktail with spice as this fizzy sip can calm the burn when eating medium spiced dishes. It’s also a good match with warm pastry based or creamy bites when serving pre dinner drinks. Finally, it’s a winner to serve with a Sunday roast as it goes well with a roast turkey or roast chicken
What does sparkling apple cider taste like?
If you are a newbie to cocktails made with sparkling apple cider and don’t know what it tastes like, it’s like fizzy apple juice. It has a crisp green apple flavour with a light fruity bubble. Sparking apple cider sweetness and fermentation does vary depending on the brand so you may want to a try a few to find your personal fave.