Chocolate, marshmallow-infused vodka, bourbon and cream are the main acts in this delicious S’mores Martini. Sure, it’s a little over the top, but that’s exactly the point! Make this delicious dessert Martini as an indulgent after-dinner drink—perfect for cosy nights in front of the fire.
The Perfect S’Mores Martini to Make at Home
PREP TIME 10 min
Feeling extra s’moreish? Then serve this Martini with some s’mores on the side for indulgent dipping.
For a more fuss-free recipe, replace the marshmallow-infused vodka with vanilla-flavoured vodka.
If you have one, use a blowtorch to quickly toast the marshmallows.
Dip martini glasses into a shallow plate of chocolate sauce and then into crushed crackers
Pop them into the freezer to chill for about 20 minutes before serving
Add chocolate liqueur, marshmallow-vodka, bourbon and cream to an ice-filled cocktail
Shake vigorously until chilled (about 30 seconds)
Strain into your prepared martini glasses
Garnish with a toasted marshmallow skewer and serve immediately
How to make marshmallow vodka
While it sounds tricky, making your own candy-infused vodka is simpler than you might think.
- Add a small handful of mini marshmallows to a large mason jar
- Now pour in 235 ml SKYY vodka
- Seal the jar and leave to infuse overnight, giving it a good shake every time you walk past it
- Strain to remove the marshmallows and pour the vodka back into the jar ready to use in your S’mores vodka Martini (or any other cocktail creations you can dream up)
History of the S’mores Martini
This toasted S’mores Martini is an American love child and it makes sense that it was inspired by the much-loved S’mores campfire tradition. While no one has claimed fame for this bit of cocktail genius, it’s a delicious creation that deserves a place in home bars across the world.
When to serve a S’mores Martini
Our S’mores Martini recipe is an ideal after-dinner treat and is a fantastic addition to any cocktail party menu. Serve these tasty drinks as part of your Christmas menu or simply on evenings that call for extra comfort.
Tasty variations to try:
- For a S’mores White Russian, use marshmallow vodka, coffee, and top with a toasted marshmallow
- If you love coffee cocktails, make a s‘mores Espresso Martini. Just add a shot of chocolate liqueur and top with toasted marshmallows
- Try making a s’mores Mexican Coffee cocktail, with marshmallow-infused tequila
- Add a s’mores twist to a Peppermint Martini
- Have a little fun with the chocolate syrup; squeeze syrup in lines from the center of the glass to the edge on the inside of the glass.
- For the sweet-toothed, try salted caramel syrup swirls (instead of chocolate syrup) to decorate the inside of the glass.
- Turn this cocktail into a dessert, add a decadent, softly whipped spoon of cream for extra indulgence along with a sprinkle of gold dust.
- For a flaming S’mores Martini, light your marshmallow garnish (carefully, of course).
More Martini love:
- The famous Pornstar Martini
- A dessert in a glass Key Lime Martini
- Cool as a Cucumber Martini
- The zesty Lemon Drop Martini
- A tangy sour Apple Martini
- A fruity Lychee Martini
- A Martini Mocktail