All the Strawberry Daiquiri ingredients you’ll need
If you’re wondering what kind of alcohol is in a strawberry daiquiri, a perfect starting point is a light or white rum. We suggest choosing a top-shelf rum like Jamaican Wray and Nephew to really funk up your daiquiri with tasty molasses notes — it’s a perfect match for the berries. After falling in love with our easy Strawberry Daiquiri, be sure to try our version with a vodka twist.
When bright seasonal berries are in abundance buy up a few strawberry cartons rather freeze some whole. If you have a blender, you can whizz up a few cartons with some simple syrup and freeze in ice trays, bagging up the cubes of strawberry puree in freezer bags for effortless cocktail party-prep.
Use a homemade simple syrup or one from the shops, if you’re pressed for time. The pièce de resistance, the ingredient that turns this drink into the best Daiquiri recipe ever, is of course the zesty lime juice, so using fresh limes is non-negotiable.
Easy to follow Strawberry Daiquiri recipe
This classic cocktail is a perfect remedy for a balmy hot day and can also be served extra chilled as a frozen slushie by using frozen berries. Our extra fresh version however uses juicy strawberries blended with ice for a cocktail that’s oh-so-moreish but it’s up to you! If you want to add a garnish, add a sliced strawberry and lime for some flair or go the extra mile by dipping the rim of your glass in syrup and then twisting in granulated sugar, lime zest or desiccated coconut for an extra tropical first sip.
Notes and tips to make the best Daiquiri
Make the ultimate strawberry daiquiri using these simple tips:
- If you like a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri, with a sorbet-like texture, buy your berries in bulk, halve them and freeze on trays before transferring them to freezer bags for easy blending
- No blender? No problem! Instead, you can muddle or crush your chopped berries in a jar with a little simple syrup, using the end of a rolling pin
- For a smoother silkier drink, push the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds
- Fresh is best when it comes to the juice so we recommend using fresh strawberries and limes for the tastiest drink
- You can adjust the Strawberry Daiquiri ingredients to suit your taste: sweeten with a little more syrup or add an extra squeeze of lime to keep it on the tart side
How strong is a Strawberry Daiquiri?
This tasty sip isn’t as strong as you think, the ice and the berries will lower the ABVs quite a bit making this a cocktail of around 15-20% ABV’s. The exact amount will vary depending on the juiciness and size of your berries and how big a handful of ice you are adding.
When to serve this easy Strawberry Daiquiri?
You can serve a cheeky Strawberry Daiquiri whenever the occasion calls for a refreshing, juicy drink. If we’re lucky enough to get a long hot summer, then this cocktail is the perfect choice for weekend barbeques and parties in the garden.
Variations and substitutions to a Strawberry Daiquiri?
- No rum? Try our delicious Strawberry Daiquiri with vodka
- Need an alcohol-free mocktail? Swap the rum for apple juice
- For a boozier twist, add a splash of orange liqueur for a tropical vibe
- For a seriously tropical twist, try a Mango Daiquiri