Come and join us in the sunshine with this fruity Tom Collins; our Mango Gin cocktail is the perfect drink to cool down with on hot balmy days and is easy to make for your poolside parties and garden barbecues on warm summer evenings. Mango is always synonymous with tropical island vibes and sea breeze, so take your guests on vacation in just one sip!
The Best Mango Gin Cocktail to Make this Summer
PREP TIME 5 min
Bring the island breeze. Add a tropical hit, split the soda water amount with a splash of coconut water.
Don’t stress. A good quality unsweetened mango juice or puree will do if you don’t have fresh
Balance it all out. The sweet mango will balance if you use freshly squeezed lemon juice
Add the gin and juice to shaker or mason jar with a handful of ice
Shake vigorously to chill thoroughly
Strain into Collins glass filled with ice and top up with soda water and stir
Garnish with a slice of lemon or mango and enjoy!
How to make a Mango Gin cocktail
You can shake up this velvety cocktail in a mason jar or cocktail shaker in no time at all. All you need for the base is gin and mango, our two hero ingredients, so choose a top-quality gin like O’ndina Gin for a solid base (it’s got lovely notes of lemon and orange!) and a good quality unsweetened mango juice or puree. To balance it all out, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and top up with soda water for a little fizz.
Tips and tricks to put your own stamp on this Mango Gin cocktail
There are many ways to make this cocktail your own for extra enjoyment. Check out our tips and tricks below:
- Use fresh mango. Although mangoes are imported all year round, they’re at their absolute best during the warm summer months of May through September. When they’re in season locally, choose a fresh and juicy mango and muddle it into this cocktail instead of juice to really double down on the tropical flavor. You may want to add the lemon juice carefully as the ultra-sweet fresh mango may not need as much to balance the flavors.
- Adjust the sweetness. Got a sweet tooth? Use less lemon juice and add half a chopped banana to the muddle for a natural sweet boost. If you prefer this mix less sugary, add a dash of bitters to tone down the sweetness.
- Bring the island breeze. For an extra tropical hit, split the soda water amount with a splash of coconut water.
- Up the zest. Lime is the perfect partner for juicy mango, so swap the lemon juice for freshly squeezed lime to add some extra zing.
- Pitcher love. This cocktail is so easy to make in bulk when you’re hosting a large group. Simply combine all the ingredients, apart from the ice and soda water, in a large pitcher and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Pour into individual glasses and top up with the soda and garnishes or add the soda straight to the pitcher to let guests serve themselves. Don’t forget to add lots of ice! A garnish station next to the pitcher would look totally cute: lay the table with plenty of cute tumblers, colorful paper straws, and umbrellas.
If you love this fruity cocktail, then be sure to try out other Summer Gin Cocktails and fruity gin cocktails like the sweet Strawberry Gin cocktail or a juicy Watermelon Gin cocktail.