Italy is a nation that’s bursting with passion and this Italian Job Cocktail recipe is a surefire way to enjoy a taste of la dolce vita -— the sweet life — at home. The star ingredient is Italy’s famous red bitter drink, Campari, with a stellar support cast of vodka, and vermouth, creating a blockbuster you’ll love! Shaken with sharp grapefruit juice, it’s definitely a drink for those who adore sweet and sour combinations.
For the extra chill factor, keep your vodka in the freezer
Pop your glass in the freezer for a few hours for a polar effect
For a sparkly sweet rim, rub the glass in juice and dip it in grainy sugar with finely grated grapefruit zest
Fill a shaker (or mason jar) with ice and add all the ingredients
Shake briefly until cold and strain over ice into a highball or Tom Collins glass
Garnish with a twist of grapefruit peel
Tips and tricks to make the best Italian Job Cocktail recipe
Our Italian Lavoro, or job, calls on two specific ingredients to get the iconic taste. Campari, with its impressively bitter yet fruity flavor, and blood orange-infused vodka sets the tone for this sweet but zesty cocktail.
The Italian Job Cocktail recipe is delicious as it is but you can play around with the flavors according to your taste to make your best serve. If you prefer it a bit sweeter or a little more bitter, find your perfect balance:
- If it’s too tart for your liking, add a dash of simple syrup or a little sugar into the juice, stirring it to dissolve
- Pop your glass in the freezer for a few hours for a polar effect
- For the extra chill factor, keep your vodka in the freezer
- For an extra fancy garnish, cut a rectangular strip of grapefruit peel, make a slit in the middle, pulling one edge through the slit to make a ribbon
- For a sparkly sweet rim, rub the edge of the glass with grapefruit juice and dip it in some grainy sugar mixed with finely grated grapefruit zest